If your home has a sump pump, it is there for a very good reason. Even if you have a completely unfinished basement, your sump pump is crucial. It is your first line of defense between a flooded basement, a potentially ruined foundation, mold issues, health issues, and ruined furniture.
Why sump pumps fail:
- Float switch broke or stuck
- Too much water overwhelming pump.
- Sump pump humming but not pumping.
- Sump pump jammed by mud.
- Tripped circuit breaker.
- Sump pump burnt out.
- Broken pump impeller or drive shaft.
If you exhibit one or more of these issues, your sump pump is likely living on borrowed time:
- You can visibly see rust on or around the pump.
- It is over 7 years old.
- It sometimes gets stuck.
- It runs constantly.
- You don’t remember when it was last replaced.
- Your pump makes very strange noises.
- Your pump vibrates excessively when running.
- Your pump used to run when it rains, and you haven’t seen it run in a while (a clear sign your pump has died!).
In addition, Plumbing 911 offers affordable Battery Backup Sump pump System. These backups have saved homes from flooding during a major storm, electrical outrage or the primary pump failing. Call Today for a free inspection on your area.