If your home has a sump pump, it is there for a very good reason. Even if you have a completely unfinished basement, your sump pump is crucial. It is your first line of defense between a flooded basement, a potentially ruined foundation, mold issues, health issues, and ruined furniture.
Why sump pumps fail:
- Float switch broke or stuck
- Too much water overwhelming pump.
- Sump pump humming but not pumping.
- Sump pump jammed by mud.
- Tripped circuit breaker.
- Sump pump burnt out.
- Broken pump impeller or drive shaft.
If you exhibit one or more of these issues, your sump pump is likely living on borrowed time:
- You can visibly see rust on or around the pump.
- It is over 7 years old.
- It sometimes gets stuck.
- It runs constantly.
- You don’t remember when it was last replaced.
- Your pump makes very strange noises.
- Your pump vibrates excessively when running.
- Your pump used to run when it rains, and you haven’t seen it run in a while (a clear sign your pump has died!).
In addition, Plumbing 911 offers affordable Battery Backup Sump pumps in Akron, Medina, Canton, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding cities. These backups have saved homes from flooding during a major storm, electrical outrage or the primary pump failing. Call Today for a free inspection on your area.